Connect ScrumGenius to JIRA
Connect your team's JIRA activity automatically to ScrumGenius with a few steps, and ScrumGenius will match up relevant issue changes and work log updates to your team members based on their email address or name in ScrumGenius.
The JIRA activity appears in the Team Activity page and the dashboard alongside the team's check-in answers.
To set it up, first, visit the Services page in Team Settings in ScrumGenius, and copy the URL listed there under the JIRAsection. This is your team's unique URL that you will configure in JIRA, so that ScrumGenius can capture your team's activity.
Connect JIRA to ScrumGenius
- Log in to JIRA and click on Jira Settings and select System. Under Advanced, near the bottom, click WebHooks. Click Create a WebHook and fill in the name field. In URL, paste the URL you copied from ScrumGenius.
- Give the webhook a name, and tick the follow options under Events.
Make sure you also leave the "Exclude body" option unchecked.
That's it! You are done. Just make sure to enable the webhook and hit save.
See it in action
Right now, we only support the "created", "updated", and "deleted" actions for issues and worklogs, but if there are others that you'd like to see, let us know!
- Look for updates in the Team Activity stream first.
- Make sure that the people making updates in JIRA match up either by email or by first and last name with people on your team in ScrumGenius. You can check your team info by going to Team Members.
- ScrumGenius won't be able to record data from before you connected the service. Make sure you generate some activity in JIRA after setting up the webhook in order to test things out after you've set up the connection.