Connect ScrumGenius to JIRA
ScrumGenius easily connects to JIRA to match relevant issue changes and work log updates to your team members based on their ScrumGenius email address or name.
The JIRA activity appears in the Team Activity page and the dashboard alongside your team's check-in answers.
To set it up, first, visit the Services page in Team Settings in ScrumGenius, and copy the URL listed under the JIRA. This is your team's unique URL that you will configure in JIRA, so that ScrumGenius can capture your team's activity.
Connect JIRA to ScrumGenius
- Log in to JIRA and click on Jira Settings and select System. Under Advanced, near the bottom, click WebHooks. Click Create a WebHook and fill in the name field. In URL, paste the URL you copied from ScrumGenius.
- Give the webhook a name, and tick the follow options under Events.
- Comment created
- Issue updated
- Issue created.
Make sure you also leave the "Exclude body" option unchecked.
That's it! You are done. Just make sure to enable the webhook and hit save.
See it in action
Right now, we only support the "created", "updated", and "deleted" actions for issues and worklogs, but if there are others that you'd like to see, let us know!
- Look for updates in the Team Activity stream first.
- Make sure that the people making updates in JIRA match up either by email or by first and last name with people on your team in ScrumGenius. You can check your team info by going to Team Members.
- ScrumGenius won't be able to record data from before you connected the service. Make sure you generate some activity in JIRA after setting up the webhook in order to test things out after you've set up the connection.
- Review your email privacy settings - Head to account settings - https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility and select profile and visibility. In the Contact section, please select the "Anyone" option, so that our integration has access to see your profile details such as email in the webhook.