Connect ScrumGenius to the Azure Devops service
Connect your team's Microsoft Azure Devops activity automatically with a few steps, and ScrumGenius will match up relevant issue changes and work log updates to your team members based on their email address or name in ScrumGenius.
The Microsoft Azure Devops activity appears in the Team Activity page and the dashboard alongside the team's check-in answers.
To set it up, first, visit the Services page in Team Settings in ScrumGenius, and copy the URL listed there under the Azure Devops section. This is your team's unique URL that you will configure in Azure Devops, so that ScrumGenius can capture your team's activity.
Connect Azure Devops to ScrumGenius
Log in to Azure Devops, go to your Project's dashboard and click on "Project Settings" in the bottom right corner. Select "Service Hooks" from the side bar. Click the green plus icon, to create a new Service Hook and select "Web Hooks". Press next. Select the trigger from the dropdown. Press next. In URL field, paste the URL you copied from ScrumGenius. Click "Finish".
That's it! You are done. Just make sure to enable the webhook and hit save.
- Code pushed (Azure Repos)
- Work item created (Azure Boards)
- Work item updated (Azure Boards)
See it in action
To test it out, make an update in your Azure Devops Project and look for a new entry in the Team Activity stream.
Right now, we only support the "Code pushed", "Work item created", and "Work item updated" actions for issues and worklogs, but if there are others that you'd like to see, let us know!
- Look for updates in the Team Activity stream first.
- Make sure that the people making updates in Azure Devops match up either by email or by first and last name with people on your team in ScrumGenius. You can check your team info by going to Team Members
- ScrumGenius won't be able to record data from before you connected the service. Make sure you generate some activity in Azure Devops, after setting up the webhook in order to test things out after you've set up the connection.