Add a new team
Setup a new team on ScrumGenius
First, you need to set up a new Team on ScrumGenius. To do this, all you need to do is click the team selector from the header of ScrumGenius, and you will be presented with a dropdown of your current teams. Click "+ Add new team" from the dropdown. You will notice that a new team is created and you are currently switched to that team. The team will be given a temporary name.
Connect the team on your platform with ScrumGenius
- Install ScrumGenius from the app store into your new team.
- Follow the signup link while you are logged in and switched to the new team on ScrumGenius.
- ScrumGenius asks if you want to confirm the connection. Confirm and you are good to go.
Note: If you notice a text saying, you are going to overwrite the team (this may mean you have not switched to the new team).
- Go to Team Settings and you will see the platforms. Click the Slack section and it will expand. Click the "Add to Slack" button.
- You will be redirected to a page asking you for permission to connect with ScrumGenius app. Note: You will need to be an admin of the Slack group to add ScrumGenius
- Press Authorize and you are good to go. You will be redirected back to ScrumGenius.
- We will import all your team members from Slack into ScrumGenius and you can now create a report for your set of team members.
Cisco WebEx Teams
ScrumGenius currently is supported in the following types of room in Webex Teams
- Team member
- Private Space
- Subspace (a private space that is later added to a team)
How to install ScrumGenius
- Add the ScrumGenius bot as a member of your WebEx Team or Space. Either type in ScrumGenius or enter email@example.com
- You should get a welcome message privately, follow the link and register an account.
- Confirm the Webex team connection with ScrumGenius.
- You should get a success message afterwards in Webex Teams.